Madison Avenue

Thursday, October 9, 2014

World Card Making Day

Saturday, October 4 was World Card Making Day. Since I needed a sympathy card and a wedding card, I decided to make those. I wanted them to be simple, yet elegant.



I found a background that I liked and resized it to fit my premade 4x6 card base. This is the "abstract tudor rose frame" design #51109 in the Silhouette Online Store (now being called the Silhouette Design Store). It actually has a square cutout in the middle that I covered with the ovals. I didn't have any appropriate stamps for the sympathy card, so I did a print and cut with a font on my computer. I cut a scalloped oval just a little bigger to go behind the sentiment oval. Added some adhesive pearls and I love the way it turned out.


I didn't want to make the wedding card exactly the same, so I used adhesive rhinestones on the sentiment and I had a "Congratulations" stamp.

 I really should make cards more often. They come together so quickly and easily and give me such a sense of accomplishment! They sympathy card is in the mail and the wedding card is waiting for the November wedding.  Now I need to make a wedding gift!


 photo BlogSignature_zpsjpf5glhd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!