Madison Avenue

Friday, November 21, 2014

Look What You Can Do With Heat Transfer Vinyl!

I wanted to do something nice and unique for the photographer who took  my son's senior pictures. I had already made her two school spirit shirts with glitter vinyl. Since she is just starting out in photography, I figured a little self advertising wouldn't hurt.

I bought a camera strap and camera bag and applied heat transfer glitter vinyl to them.
Isn't that the cutest strap? I got it from Pick Your Plum. They have them occasionally in really cute designs. You can't tell in the picture, but I used black glitter vinyl.

I was worried about whether HTV would work on this bag. The front is a textured vinyl and I didn't know if it would melt from the heat of the iron. I didn't think regular sticky vinyl would stay on because of the texture and the design is kind of small.  I used a small craft iron and took a lot of time and it seemed to work just fine. The bag didn't melt and the transfer felt secure, so I hope it stays on long term! Again, this is black glitter vinyl.


I also added white glitter vinyl to the inside removable bag.  In hindsight, I probably should have used regular vinyl here. The glitter seems to catch a bit on the inside cloth of the main bag when removing/replacing. But, a girl can never have too much glitter, right?

Overall, I was really pleased with the way they turned out.  But wait! There's more! ;) I had bought an extra t-shirt when I made her school shirt, so I decided to use it too.


These shirts from JCPenney are my favorite. They are so soft and stretchy and comfy! On the front I put her logo and on the back a cute saying that I was dying to use on something - seemed fitting!

The best part of it was that she said her husband was impressed with it all too! Men are hard to impress with this crafty stuff, so I consider that a definite success!






 photo BlogSignature_zpsjpf5glhd.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!